Our Credit Union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and goals. Protecting the privacy of your personal information is a high priority for everyone associated with out Credit Union This notice describes how we protect your personal information and gives you the opportunity to let us know if you do not want certain information about you disclosed to other parties.
Information That We Collect and Disclose to Others
We collect Information about you from the following sources:
- Applications and other forms you submit to us.
- Information about your transactions with us or with others.
- Consumer reporting agencies.
We may disclose all of the information that we collect as described above.
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
We may discuss information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as those that provide debit and credit card services and insurance services.
- Non-financial companies such as check/share draft printers, consumer reporting agencies, data processors and government agencies.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf. We may disclose information about you under other circumstances, as permitted or required by law. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell information we provide to other third parties.
If you decide to terminate your membership with Essex Division Telephone Federal Credit Union or become an inactive member, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
What Members Can Do to Help
Essex Division Telephone Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PIN (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your plastic card which can provide free access to your accounts if you card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
If after reading this notice you have any questions, please contact us at:
or write to:
Essex Divisional Telephone Federal Credit Union
709 Irvington Avenue
Maplewood, NJ 07040